Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rule # 16 -- Exercise and Eat Well



"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -- J.R.R. Tolkien


Contrary to more philosophical and theoretical rules, the 16th part of the 18 Rules of Happiness by Karl Moore is pretty practical. A good body somehow contributes to a good perspective in life.

I will admit that I do need to work on this aspect of the rules. You see, for most of my life, I have been almost completely vain. I never did want to gain those extra pounds. However, in the past few years, I have somehow gained a different perspective.

True, I need to exercise more and shed more pounds and fats. But I am not without exercise. I get a dose of my daily walk and during this time is when I get a lot of my great ideas for writing and blogging. So yes I would agree that exercising adds to your happiness. 

The thing is find what works for you best. I'm sure there are many ways by which to exercise and keep fit. Whatever you like most is likely to work out fine.

Ah, eating well is indeed necessary. We need to do away with more junk food and go organic. Easier said than done, however. But if one is truly committed to being healthy, nothing is impossible.

Refresh and nourish yourself. Increase intake of fruits and vegetables as well because they are healthy for the body. I previously wrote an article on "Why Fruit Smoothies Are the Best for Your Health."

Next time around, I will share some ideas for feel good food.

And just for some extra happiness, Karl Moore suggests this song from The Boo Radleys... Wake Up Boo! ^_^

Remember, exercise and eat well and you will be happy.