Sunday, October 28, 2012

Rule #18 -- Laugh, Dance, Smile!



“A friendly look, a kindly smile, one good act, and life's worthwhile.” - Unknown


Well, I finally got to the last of the 18 Rules of Happiness by Karl Moore. I admit that I did take a few weeks' break from posting here. No, I did not stop being happy. On the contrary, I just practiced it. I discovered a writing site (user-generated content site) called Squidoo. I've been busy a while writing on the site and creating lenses for a variety of topics that interest me. If you do have a passion for writing, I invite you to join me there too!

Going back to the 18th rule, Karl Moore talks about how true happiness comes from within and it can be expressed externally in your happy face, big smile and frequent laughter. I don't know if you've noticed it too, but happy people tend to look better. They have this aura that radiates a bright and happy glow. Stress can indeed make one look older. 

One good tip is to surround yourself with happiness. Oh, and that includes happy people too! I'm sure no one wants to be around someone who does nothing but gripe and complain a lot about life. 

Karl Moore's tips include 1.) get dancing, 2.) listen to feel-great music all the time, 3.) cover your wall with uplifting pictures, 4.) watch more comedy movies, 5.) laugh at life itself, just to name a few examples.

I love to dance! It's exhilarating and makes you feel free. It is definitely a way to make yourself feel better. Listen to happy music all the time. It's uplifting for sure. Plus, of course, put up inspiring and lovely photos all around. There's nothing better than surrounding yourself with happiness. 

Most of all, strive to have a positive attitude towards life and you will be happier.

Laugh, dance, and smile often -- and you will be happy!