Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The 18 Rules of Happiness by Karl Moore

I came across this book some months back. It came with a free opt-in to some list I signed up for. Come to think of it, I can't remember which list it was. LOL! Still I'm glad to have received a copy of this e-book by Karl Moore.. The 18 Rules of Happiness.

It just strikes me as I wonder is there really a list of rules on how one can become happy? And why is this happiness concept rather elusive? Isn't happiness simply a state of mind? I mean, if you believe and know that you are happy, then you are happy. Apparently, it's not that simple for a lot of people.

Anyhow, I really enjoyed reading the e-book and thought of sharing bits of it with my own insights. Read on to rediscover your own happiness. It may be a lot closer than you think.

Rule #1 -- Stop Feeling Sorry for Yourself!

"Self-pity is our worst enemy and if we yield to it, we can never do anything wise in this world." - Helen Keller

I think the quote I borrowed says it all. After all, we all tend to wallow in self-pity once in a while. Sometimes, we even tend to blame everything or everyone else for things that have happened or are still happening to us. We take pleasure in blaming the weather, the government, and most everything else we have no control over.

Totally foolish and ineffective.

You may not have all the riches in the world. You may not have all the talents. Yet it's no reason to feel self-pity. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. You can do so much more if you start there.

Believe that you are  a wonderful being. You were created for a reason and purpose. That should be more than enough to make you feel good.

If you truly want to be happy, stop feeling sorry for yourself.


(to be continued...)